When your smile isn't picture-perfect, your self-esteem and self-confidence can suffer. Tooth issues don't have to be major to cause problems. A small chip or a twisted or discolored tooth can be difficult to overlook. If you're ready to improve your smile, you may want to talk to your Brighton, MI, dentists. Drs. Brian Petersburg and Brian Giammalva, about veneers.
Veneers hide flaws
Extensive cosmetic dental work isn't always necessary to improve imperfections. In fact, veneers don't require any major changes to the structure of your teeth. The tooth-shaped shells are attached to the fronts of your teeth, concealing a variety of tooth issues. Your dentist will only need to remove a tiny amount of tooth enamel before you receive your veneers. In some cases, this isn't even necessary.
The restorations are made of porcelain or plastic and look just like your natural tooth enamel. Veneers can last 10 to 15 years or longer.
Do you have any of these imperfections?
Veneers may be an excellent choice for you if your teeth are in good condition and you have one or more of these tooth flaws:
- A Tooth That Looks Out of Place in Your Mouth: You would think that all of your teeth would look pretty much the same, but that's not always the case. It's not unusual to have a crooked or unusually shaped tooth. Veneers can completely change the shape of a problem tooth, enhancing your appearance.
- Minor Damage: Shallow cracks and chips, common signs of wear and tear, can easily be hidden with veneers.
- Uneven Surfaces: When pits, bumps or other issues make your tooth enamel look uneven, veneers offer a simple solution.
- Short Teeth: Wear and tear can also cause a few of your teeth to become shorter. Veneers restore length and make your smile look more uniform. If grinding your teeth caused them to become shorter, your dentist may recommend a nightguard during your visit to the Brighton dental office.
- Slight Spaces Between Teeth: Would your smile would be perfect if you didn't have that gap between your front teeth? Veneers close slight gaps, instantly transforming your smile.
- Discolored or Stained Teeth: Veneers improve the shade of discolored teeth and can also be used to whiten your teeth. The restorations resist stains and are available in many shades of white.
Would you like to upgrade your smile with veneers? Call your dentists in Brighton, MI, Drs. Brian Petersburg and Brian Giammalva, at (810) 227-4424 to schedule your appointment.